What is Viticole?
Viticole is a wine club born from the elusive idea that world-class, organically-farmed wines can exist for $35-$55 per bottle. My monthly mission is to hunt down – and often create through custom collaborations – special bottlings that transcend their market value.
How do I purchase Viticole offers?
There are two ways to purchase:
Viticole Wine Club
Become a Viticole Wine Club Member and automatically receive a guaranteed allocation and steep shipping discounts.
Viticole Mailing List
Join the Viticole Mailing List and you will receive emails with an opportunity in most months to purchase the featured producer (offers tend to sell out in only a couple hours or less).
How does the wine club work?
There are two wine club options:
Viticole Wine Club
Automatically receive a 2-3 bottle guaranteed monthly allocation at $105 per/mo.
Viticole Wine Club 2.0
Automatically receive a 4-6 bottle guaranteed monthly allocation at $210 per/mo.
What are the perks of the Viticole Wine Club?
• Upon sign up, 50% off shipping
• After 1 year (w/o interruption), 75% off shipping
• After 2 years (w/o interruption), shipping included
• Priority purchasing on special offers
What are the perks of the Viticole Wine Club 2.0?
• 2.0 has all the same perks as the Viticole Wine Club with the addition of a larger guaranteed allocation and steeper shipping discounts per bottle.
How do I determine if the Viticole Wine Clubs are for me?
• Place: Viticole Wine Club selections (and the subsequent blog) span grape varieties and countries all over the world.
• Colors: Viticole offers an even mix of white and red wines. Currently, there are no red only options or white only options. You must be color blind…
• Styles: Viticole runs a range of styles from light to rich but ultimately the selections come down to my palate. I simply can’t write an article about something I wouldn’t be excited to drink.
• Brian's Palate: I tend to be a fan of organically-farmed wines that are made with minimal intervention - wines that are dry and elegantly crafted at low alcohol levels. More often than not this template sacrifices pleasure for purity. The trick is finding wines that have both. I’m all for having my cake and eating it…
Are the wine club allocations all the same wine or a mix of bottlings?
It depends. Currently most are the same wine, but I have and will create a mix in a wine club shipment if I feel each bottling merits inclusion. As I grow it will be necessary to create a mix to sustain the highest standards of sourcing.
How do you handle summer shipping/shipping to warm regions?
No one is a bigger stickler with warm weather than me. Here is my philosophy/policies:
• In the beginning of each year we offer and ship out mostly ‘summer wines’ while the weather is cool.
• In the summer months (June, July, August, September) we do not ship but instead offer out fall pre-arrival wines that will be delivered in one full case along-side the October shipment.
• In May and October we ship on temp-controlled trucks, with ice packs when appropriate.
• If there is a rogue heat wave in any month, we hold and do not ship.
Is there any charitable outreach with Viticole?
Every winemaker/importer chooses a charity near and dear to their heart that corresponds with each monthly offer. In turn, Viticole donates $5 a case to that charity.
Why is it important to follow the Viticole social media accounts?
Social media is a great forum for interaction. Currently, you can talk directly to the winemaker/importer of an offer, asking him or her questions while the monthly offer is live by following our Instagram: @viticolewine and tagging the winemaker’s Instagram handle in the comments section. Look for future implementations (like Facebook Live) as we grow.